Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hewing, June 25!

Ailsa inspires at Baccalaureate, June 9, 2012.  (She's always craved amplification and five microphones...!)



Hi all,

I'm just back from a second Monhegan sojourn -- this time to replace windows in the cottages with my daughter Athalia and other friends and family.  Since I dashed from a final day of Pingree meetings to Markham Lumber, to Port Clyde and the Laura B out to the (blessedly computer-less) island, it's been a while since I last posted.

I want to let folks know that we'll be resuming work at the hewing site this coming week, and I'm hoping to gather at least once a week all summer.  I'm still trying to get a handle on various summer league schedules that occupy my family's attention, so I'll post a longer-term schedule by the end of this weekend.  Meantime, know that I'll be working this Monday, June 25, from 5:00-8:00.  I'll bring tools, sunscreen, bug dope, and a few pairs of work gloves, but you'll want to bring sturdy shoes and a water bottle.  If you're a newcomer, our work site is on the right-hand side of the Pingree exit driveway, about a hundred yards west of Johnson Rink.  There'll be jobs for builders of all ages.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions/concerns.  My email's jesty@pingree.org.  All are welcome.


See you at the hewing site!

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment