Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Reality of Tree Cutting"

Last week was the first time I have ever cut down a tree. This isn't a common achievement. When I first came to acknowledge that I had never cut down a tree before, I can't say I was thrilled. Being that cutting down a tree is an odd and unique achievement that can only really be appreciated once one has cut down said tree. The actual act of cutting down a tree is a vigorous, afternoon-consuming project that can only be accomplished with extraordinarily good aim and extreme devotion. Once the tree comes crashing down to your feet, and the axe you used to bitterly chop small chunks out of the massive timber is swung over your shoulder, then you can realize what you have achieved. And from now on you can know that 60% of the people you encounter from day to day have probably never cut down a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment