Monday, May 27, 2013


Hello  my name is Hank Martin I am working on the Thoreau house for my senior project.  I will be posting about my activities.

 

FIRST DAY BLISTERS:

I spent today sawing and stripping the bark off the tree. It took along time to saw the ends of log as it was from a very strong tree. The hand saw was a lot work of the hands and shoulder as it is obviously not as fun as using a chain saw. I now see why people want chainsaws. The stripping of the bark was very easy. I used a short chisel that stripped the bark very easily and in log stripps. I ended the day as my hand hurt and later I discovered blisters on my palms.

 

A BALANCING ACT:

On Friday I began the day with attempting to cut notches in the log. However due to rain I was only able to begin one and shave the down slightly. I still got a good 5 hours in of work on the day which will make Tuesday a lot easier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment